Monday, June 01, 2009

A Year in Texas






Well, it's been a year in Texas -other than a few hours spent browsing around Turner Falls in Oklahoma. Of the two dozen people who made the trip out from San Diego,
one has been fired, at least two have become pregnant, and one has died. I make a point of not querying him in my I.M. at work so I won't get the message that he's not found
-thereby removing him from my list of contacts.




Here are some of the past year's highlights;
*July 3rd, went to a "hanger party" at Addison airport for fireworks and a skyshow featuring WWII aircraftand a wing-walker, also, there I saw a Shelby Cobra autographed (in silver Sharpie) on the glovebox by Carroll Shelby.



*Day trip to Turner Falls



*Trap shooting on a Saturday morning with about 10 other people... yeehaw.



*A visit to Dallas World Aquarium



*Ft Worth Botanical Gardens



*The Plano Hot Air Balloon Festival



*Browsing around local parks scouting hiking trails



*Hiking around Dino Valley



*King Tut Exhibit @ Dallas Museum of Art



* A day at Ft Worth Stockyards



*Dallas Guitar Show... so many wonderful toys!



*Plane spotting at the local airports.



*Christmas at the mall with the (aprx) 70' tall Christmas tree



*Church picnics here rock; everyone bring their "secret weapon" best dish




-Some of the highlights I've blogged about, some I plan to blog about in the near future
Here are some of the things I miss most about San Diego;
*My friends and family



*Poker parties on Dr Flannery's yatch



*Access to the ocean/San Diego Bay



*knowing a good mechanic and planning to make my car maintenance an all day thing.




Dallas is a very nice place to live. It's a little hot in the Summer, a little cold in the Winter,but Fall and Spring are awesome here.
I still wear my Padres jersey to work, but I'm sure that if I had started out in Dallas and moved to San Diego, I'd miss Dallas as much as I miss San Diego now.

By the Way, the picture is of the Fort Worth Opera House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home